What We Believe
The Bible is the inspired word of God, and plays a fundamental role to our spiritual growth and development as Anglicans and that we believe that “the Scriptures contain all things necessary for salvation”.
The Holy Eucharist is the central act of worship, where Christ shares his life with us by feeding us with the bread and wine that has become his Body and Blood through the action of the Holy Spirit.
At Christ Church we use The Book of Alternative Services.
And as a parish within the Diocese of Huron, we are shaped by the 5 Marks of Mission. These Five Marks of Mission inspire us to:
- To joyfully proclaim the Good News of the Kingdom that in Christ, God is reconciling the world to himself. (2 Cor. 5.19)
- To teach, baptize, and nurture new believers.
- To respond to human need by loving service.
- To seek to transform unjust structures of society, to challenge violence of every kind, and to pursue peace and reconciliation.
- To safeguard the integrity of creation.