The Ministry of the Anglican Women
Anglican Women gather the second Monday of each month at 1 pm with the exception of July and August.
The Saugeen Deanery Gathering of Anglican women is held various Parishes around the Deanery. This Fall, 2019, the gathering is October 17 in Wiarton with 9 am coffee and registration, 10 am Holy Eucharist followed by the meeting and lunch. At 1 pm a speaker then a brief closing.
The Diocesan Anglican women meet the last Saturday in April at St. Paul’s Cathedral in London, Ontario.
Fall Rummage Sale is October 18 and 19, 2019 – 9 am to 1 pm each day.
Christmas Bazaar – Saturday, December 7
Almighty God, our Heavenly Father, who sent your blessed son into the world to become the Saviour of all, grant to us a deep sense of gratitude for your grace and mercy towards us. Enable us by Your Spirit to reveal your love in prayer, work and stewardship, so that your salvation may become known to all people. AMEN
The purpose of Anglican women in the Diocese of Huron is to seek to unite all Anglican women in the fellowship of worship, learning and sharing which will deepen and strengthen their lives and will lead them into fuller Christian service.
In our Parish, the Anglican Women assist our Parish, our community and throughout the world in the following ways:
• Outreach to community – Rummage Sales twice annually
• Women’s Centre – Owen Sound
• Monica Place – Waterloo
• Huron Church Camp
• Diocese of the Arctic Indigenous people – spiritual Ministry of Mishamikoweesh
• PWRDF – International Aid.
• We also collect eyeglasses, pop can tabs, bread tabs, and used stamps to help various charities.
• Fairshare and Thankoffering to Diocesan ACW – a portion of the proceeds from the Bazaar and Rummage Sales to support National , International and Diocesan ACW projects.