Another week, another recipe! This week’s recipe was submitted by Judi H.
- Pie Shell (submitter uses a frozen baked 9-inch pie shell, but you can make your own)
- 1/2 lb lean bacon
- 3/4 cup grated Cheddar, Emmental or Gruyère cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup whipping or light cream (submitter uses 5% cream)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Cut bacon into pieces and fry until cooked but not crisp. Sprinkle bacon and cheese over baked shell.
- Whisk eggs; whisk in cream, salt pepper and nutmeg to taste. Pour into shell.
- Bake in 375°F oven for 30-40 minutes or until knife inserted into the centre comes out clean. Let Stand 5 minutes before serving.
- Follow the above recipe but omit the bacon. Add 1 can (7 3/4 oz) salmon drained.
- Then add 2 green onions, finely chopped to the egg mixture. Bake as above.
- Follow the above recipe but omit the bacon. Substitute with 1 package frozen spinach, thawed and drained or 1 packaged fresh spinach, cooked, drained and chopped. Bake as above.