Welcome Everyone to a new section of our blog!
We will be posting some much loved (tried and tested!) recipes submitted by our parishioners. As most people have been spending more time at home, we thought we’d share these recipes so that you won’t miss out on them since we’re not getting together for our normal coffee hours and pot lucks.
The first group of recipes have all been chosen by our wonderful ACW an are some of their favourites. The recipes chosen by the ACW are all also available in the Christ Church Recipe book (there are a few still available for purchase).
Today’s recipe was chosen by Shirley W.
Shirley’s Yummy “Butterless” Butter Tarts
- Pastry to make 12 tarts
- 36 raisins
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup corn syrup
- Make pasty for 12 tart shells.
- Place 3 raisins in the bottom of each uncooked tart shell (This ensures that everyone gets some raising, but not too many, in their tart).
- Lightly beat eggs.
- Add sugar, vanilla, and corn syrup. Mix well. Spoon mixture into tart shells to half-full.
- bake at 350°F for 10-15 minutes.
- Once the Mixture starts to bubble, keep an eye on it.
- A film on the top of the butter tarts means they’re cooked.
I used to put butter in my butter tarts, but one time I forgot to add the butter and I liked them better, so that’s the way I make them now. – Shirley W.